Level up at your own pace – session by session – from beginner to expert.
Learn the basics as you animate pixel art of your own imagination.
- Navigate a graphics editor
- Create sprites
- Animate using keyframes
- Cycle animations
Learn to use color and shape intentionally as you create sprites for game characters.
- Create complementary color schemes
- Create sprites with shading and highlights
- Design with limited colors and resolution
- Design with a consistent aesthetic
Learn to use motion and effects intentionally as you construct increasingly complex game worlds.
- Make believable motion with realistic body mechanics
- Add visual effects to enhance the atmosphere
- Develop a narrative
- Skin a user interface
- Give and take constructive criticism
Learn to develop full games with a team as you focus on visual assets.
- Conduct research
- Create game ready art and animation
- Practice project management
- Learn best practices
- Perform quality assurance testing