Attend additional sessions to level up from beginner to expert.
Learn basic art, code and game design principles as you create visual assets and game mechanics.
- Articulate why something is “fun” or “not fun”
- Use color and shape to make games visually appealing
- Use visual blocks to code the functionality of a game
- Give and take constructive criticism and effectively apply criticism to design
Plan your levels then turn those levels into playable games, complete with detailed artwork.
- Create shading and highlights for sprites
- Turn game assets into 2D tile maps
- Navigate a 2D game engine
- Learn Java object-oriented programming basics
- Implement mini games that each demonstrate a different fundamental mechanic
- Deconstruct games and think critically about them
- Learn what makes games fun to play
Code your logic, the rules that make games function.
- Learn fundamentals common to all computer programming
- Translate English pseudocode into code blocks
- Design on paper and translate to digital
- Create and maintain a game design document
- Learn to create a consistent design aesthetic
Work with a team and focus on a single aspect: the art, code or design for an original game.
- Learn team management skills
- Create character reference sheets
- Use integrated events and actions and pre-packaged behaviors
- Publish games to the web