Level up at your own pace – session by session – from beginner to expert.
Learn the basics as you assemble a platform game then create a game of your own imagination.
- Navigate a game engine
- Use a visual programming language
- Import graphics and sounds
- Keep projects organized
Learn programming concepts as you code fundamental game mechanics.
- Think as a programmer
- Break down problems into logical steps
- Write pseudocode in English then translate into code
- Test and remove errors
Learn design principles as you develop increasingly complex game mechanics.
- Deconstruct and think critically about games
- Articulate why games are “fun” or “not fun”
- Give and take constructive criticism
- Develop multilevel games
- Design a user interface
Learn to develop larger projects with a team as you focus on game mechanics.
- Conduct research
- Maintain design documents
- Practice project management
- Learn best practices
- Perform quality assurance testing